Botox is a type of injection which can prevent the formation of wrinkles. Overall, the effects of Botox may last from 4-6 months. In the medical field, Botox is used to assist the treatment of migraines. When used for medical purposes, Botox often works for a shorter period of time, usually from two to three months.
The location of the injection and the amount injected may have an impact on how long Botox lasts. In addition, the efficacy of Botox may be affected by other factors such as age, skin elasticity, wrinkle depth, among others. For example, when injected into an area with deep wrinkles, Botox may improve skin firmness to some extent, yet it won’t make all those wrinkles disappear. Also, the effects may wear off more quickly.
How does frequent use of Botox affect your health?
Using Botox frequently may cause its effects to last for longer periods of time after each injection. After being injected into the skin, Botox works to paralyze your muscles, giving you the desired effects. This means if you get Botox injections often, your muscles will stay paralyzed for a long time. Eventually, they’ll get smaller and shorter.
How often should you get Botox injections?
You should talk about your health status and expectations so our cosmetic experts at Thea can determine how frequent you can get Botox injections most safely. However, Thea’s doctors believe that Botox injections should be spaced out, having at least 3 months of waiting time between every two injections to avoid “Botox resistance”. In some special cases, the frequency of injection may be up to 6 months. That’s why you should shop for a reputable aesthetic clinic with dedicated and experienced doctors.
How to stop new wrinkles from forming?
Here’s what you can do to prevent new wrinkles and keep your skin healthy:
- Use a sunscreen: UV rays can darken and age your skin. Therefore, it’s advisable to wear sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher every day, particularly on your face to prevent wrinkles and other signs of aging. You may also opt to wear a wide-brimmed hat and sunglasses when being in the sun. Limiting your sun exposure is also a great way to avoid new wrinkles.
- Don’t smoke: Smoking can make you more prone to wrinkles and speed up aging. It may cause skin thinning as well. If you smoke frequently, try to quit. You can also visit your doctor to get advice on how to quit smoking properly. Getting rid of those cigarettes not only helps you live more healthily but also gives you a more youthful and radiant appearance.
- Keep your skin hydrated: Drinking plenty of water to make sure your skin stays healthy. Water promotes digestion, circulation, and overall metabolism. Do your best to drink at least 2L of water every day.
- Use a moisturizer: Choose a moisturizer suitable for your skin type and stick with it. If you have sensitive skin, ask your dermatologists for moisturizer recommendations.
- Adopt a healthy diet: Your diet has a direct impact on your health and beauty. Do your own research or get help from a nutritionist to get a healthy diet for the sake of your health and beauty.
- Wash with a mild cleanser: Gentle skin cleansers are great at removing dirt, dead skin cells, and other build-ups, keeping your skin young and healthy.
All in all, your lifestyle and skincare habits play an important role in preventing wrinkle formation. However, it’s impossible to stop the course of time, particularly when it comes to youth and beauty. If you’re not happy with your wrinkles or any other signs of aging, you may consider learning more about Botox and give it a try to preserve the appearance of your skin.