The first standard for an elegant face is no excess fat. A fatty face not only hides your worth-showing features but also makes you feel uncomfortable due to a heavy, sweaty face and double chin.
It is challenging to lose facial fat if you don’t set clear goals. Excess fat lies under the skin, positioned unevenly in different areas of the body. This means you need to consider losing weight all over your body before losing weight in a certain body’s part.
In this article, THEA will provide you with the secrets to easy and safe facial fat reduction. If you aim to lose fat in your face, let’s have a look at these pointers and try out the easy methods below:
Try to lose weight all over the body
If you are overweight and want to have a slim face, try to do full-body weight loss first. Start with Keto diet. Although you won’t lose facial fat at once, remain patient and keep on exercising. Once your body weight is reduced, you’ll see some progress towards your goal of reducing facial fat.
If you are wondering how to reduce facial fat through diet, turning your breakfast into the largest meal of the day is the answer.
This means you need to have an energy-boosting breakfast to promote all the activities during your day. It is best for you to have a breakfast consisting of proteins, carbohydrates, and good fats (unsaturated fats). A quality breakfast is an essential factor in promoting metabolism and freeing calories under the form of energy during a day.
Another great way to lose weight through proper diet is to stay hydrated. Water helps eliminate toxins and speed up your metabolism. Drinking plenty of water also helps you manage your appetite as the body can mistake thirst for hunger at times.
Have adequate sleep
When you are stressed or not getting enough sleep (less than 8 hours a day), your body retains some amounts of fat instead of breaking it down from previous meals into energy for the body to function.
Lack of sleep also results in water retention. This mostly explains why your face always looks swollen and chubby.
You can incorporate the following simple facial exercises to promote facial fat reduction:
- Chin up. Start by moving your eyes to look at the ceiling and hold them there. Next, pout your lips as if you are directing your kiss to the ceiling then purse your lips till you feel your jaw bones and facial muscles stretching. Keep this position for 10 seconds and do at least 10 repetitions per day.
- Free the jaw muscles. Move your jaw muscles by imitating chewing with pursed lips. Inhale and exhale steadily. Next, widen your mouth by placing your tongue on the lower teeth and hold this position for about 5 seconds. Finish a rep by breathing in deeply then breathe out. Repeat this at least 10 times a day for the best outcome.
- Lips pulling. Stay seated where you feel most comfortable then stick your lower teeth out till you feel your chin and jaw muscles are stretching. Keep this position for 5 to 10 seconds then repeat. Practice lips pulling at least 10 times a day for better facial reduction results.
You can “demo” facial exercises with the detailed instructions in this clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=nBtMAyTD9Hc
A few extra secrets to a toned face
In addition to weight loss and facial exercises, you can refer to the following interesting methods to slim down your face:
- Choose the right hairstyle. Obviously, the fat on your face won’t be reduced through getting a haircut but you can certainly “deceive” your and others’ eyes with a hairstyle that makes your face look slimmer. You can go with a hairstyle with a puffy top or one with highlights on your shoulders to make your face look like it is “lengthened”.
- Makeup tips for an elegant face: Makeup is also an effective way to contour the face. For the best results, learn how to contour your face to sharp edges that attract the other person. Try contouring your T-zone (at the bridge of your nose and along the eyebrows), jaw, and the highest point on your cheeks. Then use darker powder to contour the whole face to make it look slimmer.
- Do not try any medications, foods, or surgical facial reduction procedures that are not backed by science. Although you can’t wait to have a toned, slim face, do not rush into getting drugs or surgical procedures that haven’t been scientifically approved. These facial fat reduction methods can quickly produce the results you expect at first but they can cause many serious complications in the long run.
Should you have any concerns regarding facial fat reduction and need to consult with an expert aesthetician, do not hesitate to contact THEA!