A double chin refers to the fat fold under your chin. This throws your facial structure out of whack, giving you an unhealthy and unsightly appearance.
Double chins aren’t exclusive in overweight people. Even thin girls can have this problem. The good news is, you can totally get rid of your double chin by exercising at home, massaging, or using the help of cosmetic technology.
But first, let’s go over what gives you a double chin and how to banish this flaw.
I. What causes a double chin?
1. Age: Women over the age of 45 are more likely to get double chins. At this age, the skin loses its elasticity, making it easy for the fat folds underneath your skin to emerge, resulting in facial disproportion.
2. Fast weight gain: This is a common cause of double chins. Also, abrupt weight loss also causes under-skin folds a type of double chins that take a toll on your appearance.
3. Genetics: If double chins run in your family, you’ll inherit one, regardless of your age and weight.
4. Bad daily habits: Lifestyle-wise, the biggest contributor to double chin is keeping your head down for long periods of time, particularly when using a smartphone.
5. Sleep disorders: Pillows that are too soft or too high not only make it hard for you to fall and stay asleep but also increase your risk of developing skin folds.
II. How to get rid of double chin
1. Physical exercises
One of the simplest ways to banish a double chin is to exercise. Thea’s recommendations will improve both your chin ordeal and your overall wellness. Results should be visible after a week of practice. The most important thing is to be consistent. Give these exercises a try:
- Find a book with appropriate thickness. Place it on your head and walk around for 10 minutes. Next time, you may switch to a thicker book as long as you can support its weight.
- Imagine that there is something heavy hanging from your lower jaw. Try to hold it by contracting your facial muscles and bend our head backward 30 degrees. Repeat the exercise 5 times.
- Try to touch the tip of your nose with your tongue, then, try to touch your lower jaw with your tongue. Of course, it’s unlikely your tongue can touch your nose but the motion really helps reduce double chin. Do 5 reps.
- Open your mouth widely, use your tongue to paint an imaginary circle at maximum amplitude. Repeat the exercise 10 times.
- Put your elbows on the table, make fists with your hands and lean your chin on them. Try to lean your head forward, with your whole arms supporting your chin as you move.
- Contract your facial muscles and pronounce the vowels [U] [O] [I] [E] out loud. Do 7-10 reps daily to keep double chin at bay. Regular and consistent practice will give you significant improvements.
2. Facial massage
Facial massage is an effective way to get rid of a double chin. Massage moves increase blood circulation, helping to tone your facial muscles and eliminate toxins from your skin.
Before starting, wash your hands with antibacterial soap and dry them well. If necessary, apply a cream, oil, or gel to your face for a smoother massage.
Gently slide your hands from your jaw to your ears. Repeat 20 times. Increase your speed and strength with each rep. Occasionally pat your face gently while massaging it to improve blood circulation and reduce double chin. If you’re not allergic to honey, massage your face with it for softer, smoother skin.
3. Cosmetic technology
The advancements in cosmetic technology provide us with easier access to self-improvement. At Thea, we have the most trusted procedures modern technology has to offer, including:
- Myostimulation: This technology uses electrical pulses to target muscles and extra body fat. Myostimulation works well for double chin. With this procedure, you won’t have to spend plenty of time exercising, massaging, or following a strict diet.
- Radiofrequency lifting: This technology involves using radio frequency with a special sound and frequency to eliminate a double chin. Moreover, it also improves your blood circulation, cell turnover rate, and reduce the volume of fat cells on your face.
- Laser fat removal: Thea’s special laser fat removal procedure employs low-intensity laser light to target double chin. Fat cells are removed from the body without surgery.
- Liposuction: Your cosmetic surgeon will make a small incision in your double chin. Then, through that cut, they will insert a thin tube (like a straw) connected to a vacuum to suck out the extra fat under your chin.
Physical exercises and home massages can only fix a small amount of under-chin fat, meaning the volume of fat must remain within the allowed range compared to the fat distribution on your whole body.
If your under-chin fat is too thick, home remedies will fail to help, leaving you with the only effective option - cosmetic procedures powered by technology. Whenever you feel like having a more defined facial contour, reach out to Thea for full support.