WHAT DERMAL FILLERS ARE USED TO FIX?
Dermal Fillers can be used to fix a variety of concerns related to facial aging, including:
- Adding volume and smoothing out the deep creases that run from the nose to the mouth (called nasolabial folds or laugh lines)
- Plumping thin lips and smoothing out vertical lines around the edges of the lips
- Augmenting cheeks to enhance their shape, often restoring youthful fullness
- Filling out depressions (hollows) under the eye area
- Making indented scars from acne or chicken pox more even with surrounding skin
- Increasing volume to fill out gauntness in the lower cheek or temple area, which most often occurs due to fat pads shifting beneath the surface of skin
HOW DERMAL FILLERS WORK?
Dermal Fillers are a naturally-derived or synthetic material that is directly injected into skin with the purpose of plumping that area to the point where the wrinkle, depressions, or fold is gone. Depending on the type of filler, the effects can last anywhere from six months to two years; for semi-permanent or permanent fillers, the effects can last up to five years, and there are reports of even longer-lasting results.
Don’t confuse dermal fillers with Botox. Although both procedures involve injections, Botox is most often injected around the forehead and wrinkles around the eyes (crow’s feet) to stop muscle movement that results in wrinkles. It has nothing to do with the plumping smoothing effect dermal filles have.
Because they work in different manners, many people elect to get both Botox and Dermal Fillers- the combination can produce a remarkably younger-looking face.
AM I SUITABLE FOR DERMAL FILLERS?
Do not use Dermal Fillers if you are pregnant, breast feeding or bruise easily. If you are unsure of your suitability our doctors will advice you further at the consultation.
WHAT DERMAL FILLERS CAN DO?
- Plump thin lips
- Enhance shallow contours
- Soften facial creases and wrinkles
- Improve the appearance of recessed scars
- Reconstruct contour deformities in the face
- Decrease or remove the shadow of the lower lids
Dermal Fillers can be very helpful in those with early signs of aging, or as a value- added part of facial rejuvenation surgery.
ARE DERMAL FILLERS SAFE?
Restylane is the world’s most tried and tested HA Dermal Filler available today. It is the benchmark for clinical excellence in its field. Its safety and effect are clinically proven and supported by extensive clinical data. Restylane has been used for over 15 years and in more than 15 million treatments world wide. Research and development is continuous. Your doctor will give you more information during your consultation.